The Janome CoverPro 2000CPX – The Best Coverstitch Machine of Its Range.
- 01 Nov, 2017
The Janome CoverPro 2000CPX Review – is this the best coverstitch machine of its range?
As a sewing machine specialist, we have come across a lot of coverstitch machines, some we really like it and some we decide not to carry. Janome CoverPro is unique in its class, due to its engineering designs.
Janome CoverPro 2000CPX is the successor of CoverPro 1000CPX & 900CPX, and it provide much better stability and excellent in quality of stitches. Those who use a lot of coverstitch for knit, know one thing, and we know they are looking for a coverstitch machine that work seamlessly. Janome CoverPro 2000CPX is one of the best household coverstitch machines available in the market.
Specifications of the Janome CoverPro 2000CPX
- Triple coverstitch seam (6mm, 3-needles),
- Wide twin coverstitch seam (6mm, 2-needles),
- Narrow twin coverstitch (3mm, 2-needles)
- Chain stitch (1-needle)
- Differential feed (0.5 - 2.25)
- Stitch length from 1 to 4
- Free arm
- A large bed space
- Foot pressure adjustment
- Manual threading
- Adjustable presser foot pressure
- Led light
- Set of Schmetz ELX system coverstitch needles
- Screwdriver (Large) Screwdriver (Small)
- Spool Nets
- Spool Holder Caps
- Lint Brush
- Needle Threader (found this one quite flimsy sadly)
- Attachment Screws (for accessories)
- Accessory Box
Unique Features of Janome CoverPro 2000CPX
The free arm on the machine. You remove a part from the board to make the arm accessible.
The stitch length and differential feed settings.
There are also several other optional attachments and special presser foots available, such as tape binder, clear presser foot and elastic gatherer, which you can order through www.sewing.sg/janome separately.
First impressions of the Janome Coverpro 2000CPX by Specialist
When we first open the Coverpro 2000CPX, we can feel it’s a sturdy high quality machine that is very reliable when it comes to sewing consistently good cover hems and stitches. Compared to any other Coverstitch machine, Janome CoverPro 2000CPX is just miles better when it comes to working smoothly and not mess up the stitches, even when it comes to more challenging fabrics.
Type of Stitches by Janome Coverpro 2000CPX
1. Chain-Stitch with Single Needle
Chain-stitch is widely use in hemming knits, and it could be use for achieving professional looking topstitching on jeans.
2. Wide 2-Needle Coverstitch (6mm, 2-needles),
It work out a very nice looking coverstitch and covers the folded edge beautifully. Perfeft for hemming t-shirt garmets such as Tops, Skirts, Lounge Pants and Dresses. It is great for sewing belt loops on jeans.
3. Narrow 2-Needle Coverstitch (3mm, 2-needles)
Narrow 2-Needle Coverstitch work the same way as wide coverstitch. This narrow seam is widely used for hemming of sleeves, necklines and leggings for Tops, Skirts, Lounge Pants and Dresses.
4. Triple 3-Needle Coverstitch (6mm, 3-needles)
Janome CoverPro 2000CPX produce a similar stitch to the flatlock stitches for activewear that you bought in store. It is able to achieve a better seam coverage if you use woolly nylon in the lower looper.
Example of Triple Coverstitch Leggings
The 3-thread coverstitch used as a flatlock seam flower print and mesh leggings.
The Value of the Janome CoverPro 2000CPX
Janome CoverPro 2000CPX is used by many professionals and amateurs, as it give you a lot of productivity time than ordinary coverstitch machine. When you purchase of Coverstitch machine, one of the common problem is skip stitches or pop-stitches due to stretchy materials.
If you sew knits, it is a one of the investment to make for the Janome CoverPro 2000CPX. dough if I wanted to continue sewing knit garments. And I have not looked back.
Top Three Reasons to invest in a quality coverstitch machine
- Skipped and popped stitches are kept to a minimum for High-Quality Sewing
- The hem looks incredibly sleek and professional, not twisted or wobbly.
- The differential feed keeps the hem from growing, which is usually a big problem when you are hemming stretchy knits with a regular machine